Builder Construction Trade Skills: Intermediate & Advanced
Courses provide specialized training in advanced construction trade skills. The list of courses is below:
- Tool and Equipment Maintenance;
- Wood and Mill Working;
- Finish Carpentry;
- Concrete Forming and Reinforcing;
- Placing and Finishing Concrete;
- Light Frame Construction;
- Roofing; and
- Heavy Construction.
Training Period: 2-5 Weeks. Continuing Education Units(CEU) Award: 8-20, depending on length of course.
Facility & Building Maintenance Technician
Lesson topics include:
- Basic training in builder skills including carpentry, tile laying, and cement repair;
- Interior and exterior finish including painting and preservation;
- Minor repairs of drywall, doors, windows, and suspended ceilings;
- Electrical maintenance and minor repairs of electrical outlets and interior wiring;
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of mechanical equipment including duct intake and exhaust systems, and of air conditioning and boiler malfunctions;
- Sheet metal layout and cutting to support repair and maintenance activities; and
- Maintenance and installation of small plumbing fixtures, pipes, and ducts.
Training Period: 5-15 Weeks. Continuing Education Units(CEU) Award: None at this time.